Monday, May 16, 2011

Crowdtap & Playtex Sport Body Wipes

So, back in November, a Facebook friend invited me to join this new site called Crowdtap.  Crowdtap bills itself as a site “where brands and consumers collaborate.”  It is a unique site in several ways -- the biggest difference being that you also earn for a charity (5% of your site earnings, which are then matched by Crowdtap), which you choose from about a dozen that the site currently supports.  My total earnings on Crowdtap are over $230 thus far!

When you participate in short poll questions, which they call “Quick Hits”, you have a chance at earning some cash (currently, redemptions are in the form of Amazon gift cards only).  Members are offered opportunities to participate in a variety of discussions, called “Actions”, and have the potential to win a “Top Award” ($10 or $20 -- I have won 9x to date).  Best of all, if you fit the right demographics for participating brands, you can receive free samples of some great products!  Participation in “Sample Shares” is great -- you receive samples for yourself, as well as a few friends.  After you have had a chance to try the product, you submit a report about your sample share and earn a cash award ($2 for an approved report, or $5 for an excellent report).  Pretty cool, huh?  Free samples AND some cash -- just for giving them a try and sharing your opinions!

I recently qualified for the Playtex Sport Body Wipes sample share and have to say, these wipes are fantastic!  Do you ever find yourself needing a quick “refresh” -- after a workout, doing yard work, attending outdoor events, long days traveling, or just rushing around and feeling sweaty or grimy?  So often, there is just no time to drop everything and shower -- especially if you are out & about, trying to get a million things done.  This is when you will really want to have Playtex Sport Body Wipes on hand!


The wipes are available in 2 packaging options:  20-count singles (individually wrapped) and 24-count travel pack (re-sealable package), each retailing for $2.99 -- that’s about  $0.15 per wipe. When you have a coupon (there is currently one available in the All You magazine), these are even more of a bargain!

For those with sensitive skin, like myself, you will appreciate that the wipes are ALCOHOL-FREE!  I was relieved to discover that, as I did not want to use a product that would dry or irritate my skin.  The wipes cleanse without being harsh, and leave your skin feeling soft and refreshed.  They do have a light “cool cucumber” scent, which most people in the sample share have reported that they like.  I don’t mind it, as it is not overpowering.  However, I would really love an unscented variety, as that is always my preference (and my husband would love to use an unscented wipe, too -- guys also like to feel clean & refreshed!).

I shared my samples with a few friends and they all had positive feedback.  Most are planning to purchase Playtex Sport Body Wipes, especially with the heat & humidity starting to ramp up in most parts of the U.S., with summer fast approaching.  Some comments from friends:

* “I was pleasantly surprised that it was much softer and more durable than those (the tiny hand wipes you find in restaurants, like BBQ places) wipes.”

* “I was concerned that it would leave a sticky feel behind (have found this to be true with scented wipes in the past)...however, it did not! My arms, particularly, feel soft and smooth - not sticky or dry.”

* “I only had to use one wipe - the ‘wetness’ lasted to do my upper body...was surprised there was enough wipe to go around.”

Personally, I can’t wait to have these wipes “at the ready” when we go to all the summer carnivals, festivals, and amusement parks, as well as when I am working launch/chase/pack-up for hot air balloon flights with my pilot friend -- I'll be working up a sweat this summer!  Wiping off with a wet paper towel, as I’ve done many times in the past, just does not cut it -- and paper towels leave a nasty trail of paper bits on your skin.

Also, these wipes will be AWESOME when we go on cruises.  We travel in the fall & winter months, but the Caribbean heat and humidity is a year-round dilemma for many.  I always dread that aspect, as I’ve never been one to enjoy being out all day in the heat.  Now I can’t wait for our next cruise, knowing that I will be able to use these wipes to feel clean and refreshed, instead of looking and feeling like a “hot mess”!

THANK YOU, Crowdtap & Playtex Sport Body Wipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment